Sean St. Clair
Sean is an experienced attorney who has represented the full spectrum of clients (from large national corporations to individuals) in civil litigation, real estate, and business related matters.
By acquiring a thorough understanding of these primary fields, Sean St. Clair is able to best equip his clients with the knowledge and services they need. Covering related but separate practices, Sean assists clients with:
- Civil litigation
- Limited scope representation
- Real estate litigation and transactions
- Business litigation and transactions
- Estate planning
- Landlord/Tenant law
- Owner representation in HOA matters
- Protective orders and injunctions against harassment
Sean is an approved real estate instructor with the Arizona Department of Real Estate who regularly presents to real estate agents and brokers on issues related to best practices and loss mitigation. Sean’s real estate and other presentations include:
- What Every Real Estate Agent Should Know About Arizona Foreclosure Law
- Understanding Senate Bill 1271
- Dealing with Distressed Real Estate in 2011
- What Every Real Estate Agent Should Know About Arizona’s Anti-Deficiency Statutes
- Dealing with Distress: Managing Risk in Today’s Market
- Protecting Your Client’s Confidential Information
- Forms & Addendums for Today’s REALTOR®
- Hidden Legal Issues for Today’s Real Estate Agent
- The Commissioner and the Code
- Fair Housing Testing
- Fair Housing and Advertising
- Disclosure for Today’s Real Estate Agent
- Anti-Trust and Real Estate
- Agency Law
- Everything You Need to Know About Civil Complaints
- Everything You Need to Know About Real Estate Contracts and Deeds
Sean is also the author of Fowler St. Clair’s two eBooks entitled “Basics of Arizona Superior Court Litigation” and “Top Ten Mistakes People Make in Representing Themselves in Civil Litigation”.
As part of his civil litigation practice, Sean represents his individual and business clients before the Arizona Superior Court, Arizona Court of Appeals, United States District Court for the District of Arizona, and United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Arizona.
In the business and real estate arena, Sean has prepared numerous contracts to be used by his clients in their relationships with their clients, independent contractors, employees, and tenants. Sean serves as outside general counsel to businesses and real estate brokers. When a legal issue arises, Sean is the first person these clients call.
Sean St, Clair is admitted to practice before the State and Federal courts in Arizona. He obtained his B.A. in Political Science Magna Cum Laude from Chapman University. He received his law degree Cum Laude from Arizona State University in 2002, where he was an Associate Managing Editor of the Arizona State Law Journal. Following law school, Sean completed a one year judicial clerkship with the Honorable William F. Garbarino of the Arizona Court of Appeals. Thereafter, he accumulated a variety of experiences with one of Arizona’s largest law firms. As an author, presenter, teacher and lawyer, Sean has established himself as an authority on real estate, business and civil litigation issues; yet he remains available and approachable, relating to his clients and their needs.
- Kimicata v. McGee, 230 Ariz. 6, 279 P.3d 631 (App. 2012)